Jonathan Darwin / Presenter
Jonathan Darwin shows
Behind The Presenter:
1) What led you to a career in radio?
I guess it comes from when our local radio station launched when I was around 12. They had a big glass window where you could watch the DJ do his “thing”. I thought that looked cool, and from there I was hooked!
2) What is your routine before starting your show?
At least two café con leche’s and a banana (trying to be healthy now I live in Spain!). Then it’s a look through the week’s top news stories, then I research my facts of the day and game with no name question ready for the start of the show.
3) What is the most challenging part of the job?
Going to bed at 9pm on a Friday and Saturday night, everyone is just getting ready to go out and I am off to bed!
4) Who is your favourite music artist and why do you like them?
Adele, as she sings from the heart and all her songs are about lost love or heartbreak. I have seen her live three times back in the UK and I always end up crying!.
5) Do you have a favourite hobby outside of radio?
I am a bit of an aviation geek, so you might often see me at Alicante – Elche airport with my binoculars, notepad and scanner for listening to the Air Traffic Control.
6) What music do you listen to when you’re not working?
A real mix depending on my mood. One day it can be 80’s classic’s, then maybe some classical music or some Jazz. Anything goes for me really, I have quite a large musical palate.
7) What advice would you give people who want to work in radio?
Get involved with your local community or hospital radio station. It is a great base to learn about how radio works, and to learn your skills behind the microphone. It’s also a good way to network and get to make some good contacts in other radio groups and stations.
8) Be honest, best decade for music?
Easy!, the 1990’s!. Memories of going to the local fair and listening to Dr Alban on the waltzer’s, the battle of Oasis and Blur and who was your favourite (It was Oasis for me). And driving around in my Vauxhall Nova listening to classic 90’s dance tunes…….amazing times!.
9) What’s your favourite beech on the Costa Blanca?
Benidorm Seafront Beach