Benidorm promotes to the public the new version of the Partial Plan 'Ensanche de Levante'


June 09, 2021
news 2.png (88 KB)
News brought to you by Linea Directa 
728x90_Expat_Car_COOL.GIF (25 KB)
#BenidormTeEspera #BenidormAwaitsYou

The Local Government Board (JGL) has approved to promote to the public for 20 days the new Preliminary Version of the Partial Plan 'Ensanche Levante' prepared by the Urban Interest Group of this sector and which has the approval of the Architecture and Legal issues. The Councilor for Urbanism, Lourdes Caselles, explained that this document "contemplates the changes introduced as a result of the municipal and sector reports issued during the previous public information period" of the plan, which covers 560,000 square meters.

The agreement approved includes rejecting several allegations presented, some of them for "referring to issues that must be clarified later in the urbanization project", and others for "referring to the design and development of the partial plan, which complies with the bases approved by the City Council and with the report issued by the Department and therefore cannot be accepted ”. 

Caselles has indicated that "this new exhibition will only be for a period of 20 days, since it is a second publication"; and he added that different administrations will be asked to "verify that this new version complies with the conditions indicated in their reports." Likewise, those that have not yet been issued will be reclaimed. 
The mayor has advanced that in the coming weeks the Urban Scene Advisory Council will be convened so that "the project's drafting team explains to the members of this advisory body the details of the Partial Plan."

The Preliminary Version, presented by the land owners, foresees that 65% of the land in the sector, about 560,000 square meters, will be used for green areas and public facilities, and that the remaining 35% will be reserved for the construction of residential homes, tourism and hotels, to be distributed in towers with a minimum height of 20 floors. 
Recently, the Marina Baixa Water Consortium reported favorably to the Júcar Hydrographic Confederation of the availability of resources to meet the needs of this new sector.
Once the public exhibition period is over, the City Council may proceed with the provisional approval of the Partial Plan, at which point a new urban phase will begin.