The Official Journal of the Generalitat Valenciana ( DOGV ) has published this Friday the definitive schedule for the opening of commercial establishments on Sundays and public holidays for 2024 throughout the territorial scope of the Valencian Community, as set out by regional law.
These are 11 days approved unanimously last September by the Valencian Trade Observatory, a consultative and advisory body in the field of commercial activity, attached to the Ministry of Innovation, Industry, Commerce and Tourism.
Specifically, the Sundays and holidays on which it can be opened in 2024 are the following:
- January 7 Sunday Winter sales
- March 29. Friday. Good Friday
- March 31. Sunday Easter Sunday
- June 24. Monday. Saint John
- July 7. Sunday Summer sales
- October 12. Saturday. National Day of Spain
- December 1. Sunday Christmas campaign
- December 6. Friday. Constitution Day
- December 15. Sunday Christmas campaign
- December 22. Sunday Christmas campaign
- December 29. Sunday Christmas campaign
The resolution published by the DOGV also specifies that commercial establishments will freely set the schedule corresponding to each commercially enabled Sunday or holiday. In addition, they must adequately inform the public about their decision, as well as about the hours during which they will be open.
More information: DOGV.